From the Desk of Mrs. Sullivan
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -- Benjamin Franklin
May 1-2 SAT 10 Make Up Testing
May 3 No School, In-service, Extended Care Available
May 6-8 Mixed Bag Fundraiser Orders Delivered
May 6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
May 7-8 Summer Food Bank Collections
May 7 OPT Teacher & Staff Appreciation Day
May 8 OPT Teacher & Staff Appreciation - Breakfast
May 10 OPT Teacher & Staff Appreciation - Lunch
May 14 OPT Meeting, Library, 6-7:30 p.m.
May 24 Spring Enrichment Classes End
May 27 School Closed, Memorial Day Holiday
May 30 Second Grade Poetry Event, MPR, 2:15-3 p.m.
(second grade students & parents only)
Thank you Volunteers!
- Thank you to all of the class helpers that assisted with Math and Spelling this week! You are really a big help to the class, and the kids love having you here!
- Remember, if you would like to help out, but haven’t signed up yet, don’t worry! You are always welcome in our class! Send me an email and let me know what you’d like to help with. Thanks again helpers!
Math Pull-Outs - Mondays
Spelling Pull-Out (Friday mornings 8:30 - 9:30)
Mystery Readers: (Usually the Last Friday of the Month- if that works for you.)
May- Amie Jordan
(Early) June - Shelley Dion
If you can't make it, or no longer wish to do it - please let me know ASAP so we don't disappoint the kids. Thanks!
- Don't forget to keep sending in those healthy snacks!
- Please remember that school begins at 8:30 AM sharp. Coming to school on time helps your child set the tone for the day.Thank you in advance for helping your child begin the day on a positive note.
- Please remember that our Classroom is Nut Free! We have several students in second grade with severe food allergies, so we are a nut-free zone. This includes peanuts and tree nuts. Please help your child bring a nut-free lunch and snack to school each day. If your child enjoys peanut butter in his or her lunch, a few alternative ideas are sunflower butter or soy butter. To help me with monitoring the children’s safety, please label any peanut butter substitutes so that I can be sure they are safe. Unfortunately, Nutella is not an acceptable alternative because it is made with hazelnuts. Also, please beware of granola bars, as they too may have hidden nuts. Children may bring items that say “made in a facility with nuts” as long as they do not include any nuts. For more information, please visit the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network at www.foodallergy.org.