Welcome to Miss Monteiro’s Kindergarten Class!
I am very pleased that you and your child are part of our class for the 2014-2015 school year! My website is an easy way to stay connected to everything that is going on in Kindergarten. You will be able to find lots of valuable information here, including our daily schedule, specialty schedule, weekly & monthly events, as well as our focal points of learning. Please be sure to check back often!
Here are some FUN things to look forward to in KINDERGARTEN!!
- Making new friends!
- Visits from important community helpers
- Apple study and investigations
- Pumpkin study and investigations
- Visit to a local farm
- A trip to see a play or musical
- Performing in our music concerts and art show
- Trip to Tyler Arboretum to further our unit on plants and trees
- Butterfly release
- S.T.E.M Project--Catching the Wind: Designing, Creating, & Improving Windmills
I look forward to helping your child learn and grow in many ways. I am certain it will be a wonderful, fun-filled school year! Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have at Jennifer.Monteiro@nlcinc.com.
About the teacher...
I received my degree in Elementary Education from Millersville University in December 2009. I immediately began my teaching career as a substitute teacher in and around Lancaster County. I joined the Chesterbrook Academy family in June 2010 as a camp counselor and academic enrichment instructor. I taught Pre-Kindergarten during the 2010-2011 school year. Most recently, I taught Kindergarten during the 2011-2014 school years. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, reading, and being outdoors or at the beach!
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School is to create an educational environment that develops 21st century learners through the collaborative efforts of parents, faculty and students. By customizing their academic and social experience, students are engaged in authentic learning opportunities designed to foster their ability to become well-rounded individuals in school, at home and in their community.
Kindergarten Supply List
Kindergarten Supply List
- 1 box of Crayola crayons (48 pack)
- 1 box of Crayola markers
- 1 box of Expo Dry-Erase markers (8 pack)
- 4 packs of Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 Elmer’s glue bottle
- 1 pack of #2 pencils
- computer headphones (please label with your child’s name)
- seasonal change of clothes (including socks and undergarments)
**Since sharing is one of the important aspects of Kindergarten, these items will be used by all in our classroom!! Also, we can always use extra tissues or Lysol spray to keep our classroom germ-free!
Posted Thursday 07/10/14 12:21 AM
Car Line Begins/Specials Begin
6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM